AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to extract data properly.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
549 Views, 2 Replies

Can't seem to extract data properly.

Hello, all. So I'm working on extracting data from W-Blocks as part of a school assignment in Autocad for Mac. I've made the W-Blocks, put them into one complete object, created an extraction template, and now I'm just trying to extract the data into a chart. The only problem is, nothing happens when I try to extract in Cdf and Sdf format.  It works for Dxx (granted, it's a jumbled mess) but nothing else. For the life of me, I cannot see what I am doing wrong. I have attached the drawing and the template to this post. If someone could assist me with this, I would really appreciate it. I've spent days trying to figure this out. 

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Joshua,

Extraction template should be without extra carriage returns at the end of the text file (yours has 3 CR at the end).

Plus:

- BL:NAME should be in upper case

-  Maximum field length and Decimal places should have 3 digits for each

Look at the attached template "Extraction Template-2.txt" - it should work with your drawing.

The result I got is in "DWG 3 - WBLOCK TEST FIXTURE.txt" file

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Sir, you are a gift among men. Thank you so much. On an unrelated note, may I ask what you think about AutoCAD for Mac? Do you think Windows is better? Would you ever really need to use Mac? I ask because I'm trying to draw on the knowledge of people with far more experience than me (I've only been using AutoCAD for Mac for a few months).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report