AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Read Only after Mojave Update

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
john
685 Views, 2 Replies

Files Read Only after Mojave Update

Hi,

Maybe someone has an idea about the following but I can't see it anywhere.

After installing Mojave OS update, any drawing which was made before the update has become ''Read Only'' - no matter what I do. Even changing the finder view style or even trying to open directly from AutoCAD LT.

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2018.2 (update installed) but this still doesn't appear to have resolved anything. I've also tried deleting any .dwl. or .dwl2 files but that also doesn't appear to have worked. I don't want to have to keep saving a new file every time I want to work on a drawing. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: john

Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: john

Hello @john

Update: This is a known issue & the workaround is here. 

I understand that you have updated your system to Mojave. My understanding is that after updating to Mojave the security privileges may change of the operating system, verify the folder & file privileges set, also add applications back to the Security & Privacy dialog box.

Please reach out to Apple for more support regarding your operating system. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report