AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Compatibility with OS X El Capitan (10.11)

264 REPLIES 264
SOLVED
Message 1 of 265
wei503
56153 Views, 264 Replies

AutoCAD Compatibility with OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Apple has announced the next OS X El Capitan earlier today, and the first preview version is already available for app developers. AutoCAD team is starting to analyze the compatibility on this OS and preparing to fix the potential issues.

Some of AutoCAD users may have access to the El Capitan preview version, and would like to test AutoCAD on it. Please kindly post any of your findings in this thread, that would help other users and also the AutoCAD team.

Please include the following info in your posts for reference:

-OS X version(for example, DP1 15A178w)

-AutoCAD version

Thanks,
The AutoCAD for Mac Team

==================================

Update:

The updates for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2015/2014 to fix the compatibiliy issues on El Capitan are available. You can click menu AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT > Check for Updates to download it. You can also go to pages below to download the update:

AutoCAD 2015 Update 3:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015...

AutoCAD LT 2015 Update 5:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-l...

AutoCAD 2014 for Mac SP4: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2014...

AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac SP4: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-l...

Thanks,

The AutoCAD for Mac Team

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Tags (1)
264 REPLIES 264
Message 101 of 265
Anonymous
in reply to: David_Stacey

I would venture to say because we are Designers and architects not technology people….Generally speaking.
Message 102 of 265
Anonymous
in reply to: wei503

No difference for this AutoCAD 2014 user but the Time Machine made all the difference in the world and made rolling back to Yosemite sorta bearable. Does anyone have a clue when could we expect a patch/fix?

On the other hand, everything else worked fine in El Cap and the background images are pretty neat so that is something to look forward 🙂

Message 103 of 265
O.Tan
in reply to: David_Stacey

Well with Apple having openly mentioned the private beta, public beta and GM before release, not to mention the release date of of EC. One would expect Autodesk to have their patch ready once general-public release of EC is released on Day 1. 

It's not like Apple suddenly announced the release of EC to the public. AD had plenty of time to fix the bugs and add EC specific features. 

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 104 of 265
Anonymous

So Autodesk didn't get a patch out quickly enough for El Capitan and their solution is to ask everyone to download a BETA versuon for full AutoCAD? Seriously, you charge thuousands of pounds for each licence and this is your solution? What a joke.

Message 105 of 265
Anonymous

I have just upgraded to OS X El Capitan few days ago and am using Autocad LT 2014. It crashes everytime i open autocad and have no idea how to fix it. When will Apple/ Autodesk solve this problem?! Spent so much on the software and this is totally not what we expect to happen. 

Message 106 of 265
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Read all the previous threads. You are stuck with it for now.
Message 107 of 265
Anonymous

You have to delete each preferences file in library/preferences folder.

The name of the files would be com.autodesk...

After it will work properly

Regards

Message 108 of 265
Anonymous

Removeing this library does not solve the problem.

Not in my case.

So we have to wait.. I guess..

Message 109 of 265
Anonymous

I have a Student License for Autocad 2015, and a Macbook Pro 15". 

Since the update of El Capitan the program shuts down, I can't use it. 

Any solution yet?

Message 110 of 265
dr.palmer

you might try getting in the beta program of Mandalore.

This version of Acad is getting along with Mac EC. for some.

Message 111 of 265
Anonymous

autocad 2013 for mac crashes all the time.....

what to do ?

Message 112 of 265
Anonymous

Just wanted to follow up to my previous post...

I was able to get AutoCAD for Ma 2015 to run without crashing after I reset all settings.

This can be done by holding the Shift key while starting AutCAD or going to Preferences > Reset All Settings.

Apparently, so long as you don't try to use the Text tool, the program won't crash, and it hasn't for me thus far which is pretty nice!

Also, as other people have already noted. The beta will not crash and that's another option.

Hopefully Autodesk releases an update soon.

Message 113 of 265
Anonymous
in reply to: dr.palmer

Wath Mandalore is, and where can i find thi beta program?

Message 114 of 265
dr.palmer
Message 115 of 265
Anonymous
in reply to: dr.palmer

I've got a student version of Autocad but it crashes all the time. Now i wanted to download the Beta version but it doesn't accept my Serial Number and Key. What can I do? 

Message 116 of 265
Anonymous

The serial and product ID is located at the bottom of the download section.  See the screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 3.42.34 PM.png

Message 117 of 265
Anonymous

Right, i'm just one more with the problem. El Capitan makes Autocad crash all the time. For me is the layers menu. Sometimes it wont even start. And i have so much work to do.. I have re-installed the program two times and it didnt work. Waiting for a update...

Message 118 of 265
Anonymous

autocad 2015 gets crash !

(mbp retina 13 late 2013, OS X El Capitan)

Message 119 of 265
Anonymous

I fail to see how it is Apples responsibility to fix a bug in your application.  It seems your developers should be able to fix their own bugs.  Sorry if this seems rude, but it's extremely frustrating not being able to use your product because it crashes every time you try to do anything.

Message 120 of 265
Anonymous

Caleb,It might be correct what you have said if OS X el capitan was another application and not an operating system.

They should make sure all programs works under their umbrella.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report