cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Updates

Description Updates

When you insert/edit a child block and select the parent/sibling from any of the lists or the dwg, the Description fields are automatically filled with the description of the block/parent you selected.

If you already have a description filled in, you may not want that description to change. This means either retyiping the description or picking it from the dwg again.

What we need is to have a check box which defaults to automatically updating the descriptions but allows the user to turn of the updating of the descriptions if required.

This would be especially useful for items like multifunction relays which may have several outputs that switch seperatley and are used for different functions.

Regards Brad

3 Comments

Great suggestion Brad!  Perhaps we could have a checkbox labeled "Fixed" next to each description field (1, 2 and 3).  You can then decide which fields to "lock down".  For example, an on-delay relay timer coil might have a description of "Time Delay Relay" in description field 1, but each child contact might include a detailed decription like "Spring Charge Fail Alarm", maybe in description field 2.  But description field still reads as "Time Delay Relay".  So, I would check "Fixed" next description 2 and I could choose to leave description 1 alone (check or uncheck wouldn't matter as much) but I might even opt to blank out description 1 to make the drawing less cluttered, and so I would want to check "Fixed" next to description 1 to preserve the blank entry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with both of the above.  This would be very helpful to me and I think my industry.  (Similar to Brad's.)

t_chaws
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi, 

Thank you for posting this Idea, we have our team looking at your suggestion for subsequent releases. 

Keep Posting more ideas and dont forget to support your community mates by giving them kudos to push their ideas forward! 

Best Regards, 
AutoCAD Electrical Team 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report