cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Database - Bring Back the 2014 dialog box

Catalog Database - Bring Back the 2014 dialog box

Hi all,

I have been using AutoCAD Electrical for many years and was very pleased when they added the ability to type in at the top of a column and have the list shorten as I typed. For example, I could type in 1489 at the top of the part number column in the circuit breakers and the list would shorten considerably. I would then type in 1 in the pole column and 5 in the current column and be left with 1 or 2 choices.

I also liked adding components better and used the drop down lists to avoid some entries with 1POLE listed and others with 1 POLE listed.

Do others agree? Does anyone like the new style better, and if so, why? Perhaps I am missing something.

3 Comments
Icemanau
Mentor

I agree that the 'New' catalog look up system is a big step backwards in usability, especially in regards to searching for components.

To me, it seems as if the programmers believe everyone has ALL the components, their descriptions and tables memorised.

Using 2015 or 2016, I spend more time pulling catalogs off the shelf and looking up the part number than I do using the ACADE look up.

Regards Brad

I like the new "freestyle" type search. Anything I know about the part I can simply enter in the box and it will find all matching entries. It also easy to modify the search by entering more specifics in the search to further refine the list. I never really liked having to scroll through all of the entries in the pulldowns to find the "correct" entry to search on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new catalog browser is harder to use.

I agree with others, if you don't know exactly what you want to use... the old search let you pare down the list until you saw something that peaked your interest.

And we used to be able to search the entire catalog AND the alternate catalog for a part in ANY table.

I also do not like the way it changes the display when you go into edit mode. I had those columns set a certain way for a reason, but now... all reset to the way they are in the catalog.

I have to admit that I do like the attaching of a schematic symbols to the part numbers, that is pretty handy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report