AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire annotation format

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
990 Views, 8 Replies

Wire annotation format

Hello,

I am using Electrical AutoCAD 2019 and I want to see if I can use a wire annotation format which can produce destination as well as source wire number on the terminal or components. 

For example, wire number 215 runs out from A:10 to C:10 so I want to display A:10/215/C:10 at both the terminals A:10 and C:10. Is it even possible?

Thanks

Pradeep

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Using LISP, everything is possible.
It's a old post, but you should get it to work.
https://nateholt.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/enhanced-wire-number-tags-based-on-connected-components-au...

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Rhesusminus,

Thanks for your response, that a good info you told me. However I am referring to the Point to Point wiring diagram and not a schematic, where I need Source/Destination wire number.

bunty28panwar_0-1593443356502.png

Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus

I'm not sure what you mean. A Point to point wiring diagram is a schematic?
And your screenshot looks like a panel drawing with connection annotations on it?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

@rhesusminus 

Yes, you are right, I am referring to the Panel wiring. That is where I need the source/wire number/Destination wire labels. The place where I work now, call the Panel wiring as "Point to Point.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
rhesusminus

Ok. You can't get both source and destination here, only what's connected on the "other side" of the panel footprint, and the wire number.
BUt, if you change the wire numbers to display all this, the you can show only the wire number on the foot print 😉

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

@rhesusminus 

Thanks for your input, I guess manipulating the wire numbers to represent the other side, is the only option I have.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi, 

I had something like this working a while ago. 

I believe if you edit the panel foot print you provide two attributes next to each other which will essentially do what you require.  Not in the most ideal manner however if you put in the footprint LOC and WXREF it should display what you want. 

LOC WXREF

Shoudl display as

"from location" "wire annotation string"

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Ya I guess, manually doing it is the only way. Thanks for responding though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report