AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange symbol and location box behaviour

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
476 Views, 3 Replies

Strange symbol and location box behaviour

Hi, first of all I'm fairly new to using Electrical and we are currently using W7 with ACADE 2017

I have problems using symbols (same problems when using location boxes). The symbol is a custom generic symbol. The problem occurs when I insert the same symbol several times (the symbol is inserted via the icon menu, no copy/ paste). The attributes for an adjacent box or symbol changes instead of the symbol that I'm actually is editing.. I have tried both REGEN and AEREBUILDDB

As mentioned this behavior also applies to location boxes. A combination of location boxes + symbol have not been used when reproducing this behavior. This also appears in ACADE 2015.

First I insert the symbol, the one at the bottom (I have deliberately not edited the attributes in the symbol when inserting, it is just to get a step by step presentation. The result is the same if I edit the attributes directly when inserting the symbol).

1. Inserted symbol.png

Then I open "Edit Component" dialogue. You can see the symbol has a halo (as a prof of correct symbol is selected). The attributes of the previous symbol appears.

2. Open inserted empty symbol.png

Next I'm correcting the attributes (still, see the halo)

3. Changing attributes for the inserted symbol.png

The result...

4. The result.png

Anybodey who has experienced similar behaviour and/ or have a solution? 

Thanks!

Brg,

Jan-K

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jan-K!

Haven't seen this behavior before. It would be interesting to havew a look at the drawing, but for starters: What does the "Wire connection trap" say in your drawing? Check Drawing Properties....
2016-11-11_14-58-03.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Trond,

I'm currently off work, but will check this first thing Monday. Besides, you will be visiting us next week, so I will certainly bring up the topic then. 😉

Brg,

Jan-K 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Resolved!

"Somebodey" had rotated my 3D view slightly out of "TOP" view, which caused this problem. Disabled the controls from the "Options" - "3D Modeling" Menu

Smiley Embarassed

Brg,

Jan-K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report