AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access the Catalog Lookup File Dialog Box

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
511 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot access the Catalog Lookup File Dialog Box

Hello,

I am have troubles accessing a secondary SQL database. I have created a couple SQL databases - one default and another custom one. I would like to add the custom database as a secondary database. However, when I am in the project properties under the Catalog Lookup File Preference title the Other File.. button is blanked out.

As far as I know, this is where I need to go to select my secondary database. I am able to access the custom database by going to Config Catalog Database on the Project ribbon but this still limits me to having only one database defined for my project.

Is there a difference between an Access Database and SQL in terms of being able to support a primary and secondary database? If this is the case does anyone have any ideas for a workaround solution? They would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Brian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Yep. Sounds like you're using a SQL-server for your catalog data. As of now, you won't be able to use a secondary database when running in "SQL-mode".

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta