AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Layout Question

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
803 Views, 8 Replies

Panel Layout Question

Hello Folks.

What's the best way to get componnents into a panel layout that aren't necessarily seen on the drawing, but you will want it to show up on a report?

For example a 3-pole fuse holder with 3 fuses inside.  You can't see the fuses, you only need to capture the fuse block on the layout, however I want the fuses with their part numbers to show up on the report.  Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
OP21
in reply to: Anonymous

Quickest way is to add the fuses by adding them to the fuse holder as sub-items.

Panel Layout - Component insert/Edit -> Enter the fuse holder (as your main item) then click on Multiple Catalog -> this opens a second window where you can add sequential items (sub items) to your main part.  Just navigate to the appropriate tables and select your fuse.  You can even add a count (qty) to the fuses add another item number,etc...

When you run your Bom report you will see the (main item ) fuse holder and the 3 fuses (sub items).

Experiment a bit but this should give you the results of assigning sub parts to your main component. 

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: OP21

I see, that this is an option, yes. What I have going on is that in the elementary schematics I drew fuses (3-phase), then went into the component and added the fuse block. When doing panel layout, I went off the schematic list and pulled down the fuse block to put in the layout. I am curious if its possible to assign the fuses from the schematic list to this fuse block. That way, on my schematic list, I can see the component from the elementary checked off. Thanks.
Message 4 of 9
OP21

Sure can...  and to view your report a bit better...  

Run your report generator and click on "User Post", select:QTY X SUBQTY -> QTY, blank out SUBQTY

This way your report will show the Main Item as qty 1 with a sub item qty 3...

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks -

I wonder if the best way here maybe is to insert footprints of those fuses, but as tiny little dots.  That way, I'll have them in the panel layout. 

Whoever does such projects, I am curious how you do it.  Thanks. 

Message 6 of 9
Icemanau

For items like fuses, I set the fuse to automatically add the correct fuse holder as a sub component in the schematic.

When it comes to the footprints, I have the fuse catalog entry pull the footprint block for the fuse holder rather than the fuse itself.

As the footprint blocks get all the catalog data copied from the schematic block, it should show both the fuse and the fuse holder when you do a catalog check on the footprint.

Doing it this way means you cut down on the catalog entries as several fuses may use the same fuseholder. Each fuse can use the same fuseholder entry so you would have one catalog entry per fuse and one entry for the common fuse holder.

The other way, you end up with a seperate entries for each fuseholder with a set fuse rating in it, which would nearly double the size of the Fuse table.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

I will be picking the fuse holder as the footprint for the fuse from now on.  Thanks.  All the subcomponnents will make it into the panel report. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

We do it this way. The fuse footprint can be placed on a non-printing layer, but I like to see it for reference (type/rating).

FuseExample.JPG

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I actually did it this way on this project. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report