AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuse Terminal Block On Schematic and Panel

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4986 Views, 7 Replies

Fuse Terminal Block On Schematic and Panel

I cannot determine how to represent a fuse and fuse terminal together as one component that looks like a fuse with the following requirements:

Requirements:
1. Be able to insert a terminal panel footprint with the "fuse block terminal number" i.e. FU217
2. Be able to specify a manufacturer AND catalog number for BOTH the fuse and the terminal. Note: these are most likely different manufacturers
3. Have the schematic "look" like a fuse with a rating and name. i.e. FU217 on sheet 2, line 17

Questions:
What type of component to insert? Fuse or Terminal?
How to specify two parts in one schematic item AND insert as panel footprint?
How to prompt for rating on insert?
How to display only terminal number on panel footprint? (not wire & terminal)

I have attempted to create a terminal that has a rating, but I cannot determine how to add a "multiple component" or a fuse to the terminal so it shows up on the BOM.

I found a reference at:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4896166
but it does not have a solution.

I have attached my "terminal" block that got me close, but not with a BOM item..k.

Any advice?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If read this correctly you want to assign 2 catalog items to 1 schematic block. Just assign the component to 1 catalog item and then click the multiple catalog button in the edit component dialog. You can assign 10 extra catalog items in that dialog. They will then show up in the BOM.

You can also make an sub-assembly so if you select the fuse the terminal is automatically be seen on the BOM. I don't use it so I don't know much about it. May be someone else could explain this.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

"If read this correctly you want to assign 2 catalog items to 1 schematic block."

I would like to represent 2 catalog items as 1 TERMINAL block. I believe that if I insert a schematic component with a terminal catalog item as the "multiple component" and the fuse as the parent, ACADE does not recognize the terminals...

I would like to be able to use the terminal utilities with the fuse terminal within the project...
Message 4 of 8
jmburge

Briana, I too have encountered the same issue. I have addressed this by doing the following:

On the schematic, insert a fuse symbol and assign the catalog assignment for the fuse. Be sure to have the rating filled in. Assign the fuse terminal block as multi-catalog. On the panel layout, insert the footprint for the fuse terminal block. IMPORTANT: Make sure the footprint carries the attributes for a panel footprint and NOT a panel terminal.
At this point, you should be able to edit the footprint and assign a schematic tag (which will be FU217). If you edit the panel symbol and the dialog looks like a terminal, you have attributes specific to a panel terminal on the symbol instead of panel footprint attributes.

John B
Electrical Controls Engineer
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

HMS Controls,

One of the features that I would like to use is the ACADE terminal generator/terminal reports on the fuse block terminals. If I create the fuse block as a "schematic component", don't I lose all of these tools?

BTW, I really need to change my username...

Who would have thought that a firstname_middleinitial_lastname username would result in a sex change.

-Brian A Fischer
Message 6 of 8
jmburge

Brian, I don't have much experience using the terminal generator/report tools so all I can tell you is how I've dealt with the fuse terminals. If you find some thing, let me know. Sorry I couldn't help.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

If you name the schematic terminal block like an terminal for example "HT009" and have an attribute called tagstrip, electrical will recognize it like an terminal. And then assign the 2 catalog items to it. It may be that you can't edit certain properties in the edit component dialog. It would make it a terminal with a rating.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 8 of 8
mgaudyK243P

I found a solution, however I am not convinced its the best solution.

For the schematic, I used the default fuse and terminal icons.

For the panel, I created geometry for the base of the terminal block and use that for "Panel Terminal."  This will be used in the Terminal Footprint Editor.  I would also assign the catalog information here.

I created a second geometry for the upper fuse block and used that for "Panel Footprint."  I then used this to link the component tag.  I chose an insertion point that would be easy to insert this geometry onto the terminal block.

Note: I would leave the catalog information blank for this so that the BOM does not show a false count.

In the image below I separate my two geometries to hopefully display what I did.

mgaudyK243P_0-1661890428981.png

If there is a better solution, please let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report