AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Template Setup

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1170 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Template Setup

Hi all,

I am just setting up a new template drawing.

The template has columns along the top numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6. Then row headers down the left hand side as A,B,C,D.

How do I tell AutoCAD to use those headers as my Cross-Referencing system? If I wanted to add more columns, how do I modify an existing XREF structure?

I've searched high and low but i'm sure i'm missing the terminology that would help me do this.

Thanks,
Chris.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TRLitsey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

This post had a lot of twists and turns but you may find a little help if you read through the posts.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-forum/smart-title-block/td-p/7021121

Good luck

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 3 of 5
rhesusminus

Hi Cris.

The settings for the XREF is not stored within the frame. The columns you see on top of the drawing are just for graphical reference.

The real "intelligence" for this, is set in the drawing properties:

2017-04-29_09-10-55.png

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander

Chris, follow what Trond showed you.  Like he said, the numbers and/or letters are placed there just as graphics.  The software uses the reference point you define, usually upper left corner, and does the math to decide which zone a component is in based upon the parameters you enter into the horizontal and vertical spacing fields.  If you need some help give me a call.  I have been setting up IEC style templates for this software since 1997.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

All,

Apologies for the slow reply, really appreciate all your help and input.

By reading through the threads it got me sorted and managed to allow me to setup the remainder of my sheet and get to work.

Once again thanks!

Kind Regards,
Chris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report