AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Electrical Catalog not saving pinlist information

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kyle.schmidtS5TSU
430 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad Electrical Catalog not saving pinlist information

Hi, 

I am trying to add a Pinlist for some of our companies Protection Relays to the AutoCAD Electrical Catalogue. When I add  the Pinlist, I hit the accept changes button once editing was finished. 

I then tried to insert a component and see that the pins have not updated. I then went back to the catalogue and found that the pin list have disappeared. 

It was working last week. so not sure what has changed.

Has anyone had this issue? And if they have how did they solve it?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

maybe you didnt save the changes to the catalogue ? you should click V mark to save

second option maybe the catalogue db is read only ?

Message 3 of 7

I am able to produce the same issue however I am not yet sure on the resolution to this yet. 

I was trying to modify the ABB contact block MCB-10 to have pin data associated with it however it fails to retain any pin data I attempt to assign to it.  I tried clearing out all other instances of MCB-10 within my catalog but it still fails to retain the data.

However as soon as I change the catalog name to MCB-10ABCD (something unique) it then retains the pin data.  It feels like this catalog number is being overwritten (or locked) by something else.

Message 4 of 7
mgaudyK243P
in reply to: mgaudyK243P

I was able to get the pin assignment to retain with MCB-10:

I cleared out all instances of MCB-10.  Then I accepted all changes to the catalog.  Then I re-opened edit catalog database (with no instances of MCB-10 listed) and created a brand new instance of MCB-10.

Message 5 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: mgaudyK243P

I'm also seeing the same.

I just checked and can replicate the same things.
Seems like it has to do with the assembly code stuff. There are 4 MCB-10 entries in the PB table, but only one shows up when you search the PB table. Unless you do a global search... Then you see all four.

Maybe @dougmcalexander can help shed some light on this?

Or @yuvaraj_jaganathan maybe?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 7

@rhesusminus @mgaudyK243P 

I will take a look and reply in the thread.

Regards,
Yuvaraj Jaganathan
Senior QA Analyst
www.autodesk.com

Message 7 of 7

I could reproduce the issue. Logged into the tracking system. Will post here for any updates.

Regards,
Yuvaraj Jaganathan
Senior QA Analyst
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report