AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different wire gauges off of a power distribution block not reporting properly on From/To report.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mgaudyK243P
207 Views, 2 Replies

Different wire gauges off of a power distribution block not reporting properly on From/To report.

I didn't notice an issue until I was reviewing my From/To report. 

I have two different wire gauges feeding three different branch circuits from a single power distribution block.  6AWG wires feeding a 40Hp motor branch, 14AWG wires feeding a 1HP motor branch, and 14AWG wires feeding a power supply branch (see attached photo).

In an effort to make the schematic clean-looking I pulled a single ladder.  I thought using different gauge wires connecting to the main ladder would show on the From/To report however the report only sees 6AWG wires for all input connections to MMS207 and CB223 branches (I made the 14AWG layer show as gray to show they are on different layers).

Did I miss something or is there a better method for doing this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: mgaudyK243P

All wires that are the same "net/signal" will use the same wiretype in reports.

You'll have to separate these wires by using a terminal or something to represent the different connections to the distribution block.

Or something like that.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
mgaudyK243P
in reply to: rhesusminus

Much appreciated,

I was able to get the desired result with a little bit of work:

1. I added hexagon terminals with terminal numbers to my drawing. 

2. I assigned them the tag strip the same as the name for my terminal block "PDB205". 

3. I gave each one a number and use a decimal point to signify which port on the PDB the wire went to.

4. I created a wire layer for "zJumper" and changed the wire type of the vertical lines in my ladder to that type.

5. Hide tags for "PDB205" when the label shows across wires.

I am not overly concerned with the hexagon shape, however an option would be to create a custom terminal block with geometry in the shape of a connected wire with the characteristics of a terminal block with terminal numbers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta