AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Spare Parts to BOM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Tmyers
408 Views, 1 Reply

Add Spare Parts to BOM

I am looking for a good work flow to add spare parts to the BOM which do not show up on the schematic or panel.  Am I able to create a "stand-alone" BOM table on a sheet and just add catalog items with quantities?  Do I just go into the individual parts on an existing BOM and change the correct quantity?  Looking for ideas as to how others handle this situation.

For example, I am required to have 1 spare of each type of pilot light.  I can easily go into the BOM on my sheet and just bump of the quantity to show 1 additional pilot light for each type.  There just seems there should be a better way?  Also - sometimes I have a requirement to show the spare parts separate in order for the reviewing engineer to verify the "spare parts provision of the specifications" has been met.

Thank you,

Todd

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
testsubject
in reply to: Tmyers

I will often add "extra" items that do not appear on teh panel but I want them in the BOM.

On my panel layout, I set aside a space that is outside the printed area and put a box there. Inside the box, I place all the extra stuff I want to be on the BOM. 

As far as sorting it out for your reviewing engineer, you can give these extra items their own location code and create a report based on  that.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report