AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accumulate Project Wide or Reset with Each Drawing???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dschneckloth
401 Views, 5 Replies

Accumulate Project Wide or Reset with Each Drawing???

Just want to get some feedback from the group when setting up the Item Numbering Setup, do you prefer the Item Numbering Mode to be 'Accumulate Project Wide' or do you prefer to have the item numbers 'Reset With Each Drawing'.  Also, I am curious as to why (since at least 2018 release) the Reset with Each Drawing option was eliminated from ACADE and you have to type in the command prompt AEITEMRESEQUENCEMODE and set it to zero as apposed to 1.  Why would you even have to do this.  Just leave the option there in the Item Numbering Mode. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It is personal / company preference really. I prefer project wide item numbering otherwise same item can have two different item numbers in a project drawings, it will make more confusing, difficult to track the numbers / part numbers etc. 

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: dschneckloth

I agree with Ramesh. I go with project wide as well.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 6
jseefdrumr

I have always managed item numbers project-wide.

I've never even heard of someone doing it any other way until now, lol.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 5 of 6
trabuck7

I used to use the Reset with Each Drawing up until I installed AcadE 2021. Our company likes to show a BOM on every panel layout page and have display the item numbers 1 thru X. So if we have 5 panels, each BOM starts with '1' even though they are different part numbers. So our item numbers were more of a numbered list more than anything.

I've now convinced them that it's best to do a project-wide item numbering since this makes life easier for everyone. We now just have project-wide BOM pages, and if we really do want a specific BOM on a layout page, everyone now understands this isn't going to be in a numerical order.

Tyler Rabuck
Electrical Engineering Technician
Message 6 of 6
Tmyers

I have also been setting this to each drawing as I have had project requirements to have a BOM associated with each panel (there may be many panels in a project) and the reviewing engineers were thrown off by "missing" item numbers on particular BOMs for each panel if a specific part was not used there.  For some reason the thought is if the BOM skips from 5 to 8, "Where are the missing parts?"  I have attempted to explain, but have decided not to die on that hill.

I also wish the setting was still there in the setup dialog instead of entering the command from the command line.

Todd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report