AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACEPUBLISH.ARX Broken: Unhandled Exception

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ttravisHJBRW
369 Views, 3 Replies

ACEPUBLISH.ARX Broken: Unhandled Exception

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ACADE 2019, uninstalled and re-applied the latest update (2019.1.4), and have done all with restarts after each installation. This has not fixed the "unhandled exception" error that pops up on launch or when attempted to add the ACEPUBLISH.ARX through the APPLOAD command dialog. 
ACEPUBLISH.ARX is responsible for AEPUBLISH command, which does plotting for multi-page PDF documents from an Autocad Electrical project. This is a core ACADE feature that just... broke. 

This is running on a perpetual license and I am not permitted to upgrade to a newer subscription plan or newer year (2020+) version of ACAD.

Also, the Support Article only addresses this problem as early as ACADE 2020 and the above attempts are exactly what is recommended to resolve this:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unhandled-Exceptio...

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Have you submitted the crash error report with your email id?

If yes, let me know your email id so that we can analyze the issue. 

Regards,
Jaya Priya Ramasamy
Senior QA Analyst
www.autodesk.com

Message 3 of 4

This is not a crash. AutoCAD Electrical still opens and otherwise functions correctly. It is this single ARX file or routine built around it that is broken. 

Message 4 of 4
ttravisHJBRW
in reply to: ttravisHJBRW

The only workaround that I have been able to employ successfully is using the BATCHPLOT command. This brings up a similar window, but it requires that I select either the Model or Layout spaces to plot, rather than showing just one set. This works to publish to a multi-page PDF using the my default setting for General Documentation. 

I prefer plotting only Layouts as my TitleBlock is defined in Paperspace and contains a viewport that can accommodate a variety of types of drawings (mechanical and electrical) without scaling or altering dimensions. 

Why the AEPUBLISH command breaks and couldn't be fixed with uninstallation, reinstallation, or a patch/update I was given is bewildering. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report