AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recessed Niche in Wall Component

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
779 Views, 4 Replies

Recessed Niche in Wall Component

Hello,

Wondering what the best way is to place a recessed niche in a Wall component? I can somewhat get the desired effect drawing a 4" or 6" wall with a 2" thick (furring) wall butted up together but it seems that I need to have the justifications all on the same side of the walls in order for it to clean up properly.

Is it possible to create/use a wall opening that has a certain depth (such as 2 or 4) and that will anchor to one side of the desired wall.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, it is possible.

One way would be to create a Mass Element representing the void you want to create, and to use that as an interference condition with the Wall.  Freeze the layer on which the Mass Element is placed, and you get a niche cut into your Wall.2019-05-30_ACA2020_MassElementInterference_NicheInWall.png

The sample file attached was done in ACA 2020 (AutoCAD 2018 file format).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
brian_adams

other one method that @David_W_Koch  havn't mention is useing chases

from designe center,also via interference condition

But it has only rectangular outlines

3335.JPG

Message 4 of 5
brian_adams

just reminde to my self one more method

glue together  two walls
draw two walls side to side , and via  select wall\wall context menu>Cleanupc> Add wall merge condition

in plan view it will looks like single wall but it two
Then add opening to the one of them

336.JPG

Message 5 of 5
R_Tweed
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Just an add-on note. You can use a mass element or solid as a body modifier. Then you wouldn't  need to freeze anything. Body modifiers can be edited like mass elements in place, moved etc.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report