AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Autocad Architecture Block Layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
298 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Autocad Architecture Block Layers

So I have searched online and through the forum and can't find the answer. Maybe im not using the correct keywords, but here it goes.

I have 2016 Autodesk Autocad Architecture.  I have created some basic blocks we use in our office ex. specialized sink.  This was drawn on the 0 layer and created in it's own drawing with a few other blocks.  This block has been placed into a palette for easy access to multiple users.  Now, when I place this block into another drawing, it inserts as the 0 layer.  My goal is to select say A-PLUMBING layer in the second drawing, and grab the block from the palette and to be inserted using the A-PLUMBING layer.  This could also be A-NEW-PLUMBING or A-EXISTING-PLUMBING layers.  

Is there a way to have the block instert as the CURRENT selected layer instead of the layer the block was created on? 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

This should be possible by choosing to use current layer in the tool properties. Right-click the block tool on the tool palette and choose Properties. In the tool properties, under General, select 'use current' as the value for Layer.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta