AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF clip visual errors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
-Ryan-
819 Views, 2 Replies

XREF clip visual errors

Dragging a CONSTRUCT onto a VIEW, then clipping the XREF the walls are disappearing and there's exclamations, which aren't on the construct. What's causing the clipped CONSTRUCTS to have the walls all broken up? Also notice wall lines can be seen in the door openings, like in the bathroom door and the closet door to the right of it. How can I redo these to have solid pics, as I have re-done these expanded views for two days, same results.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: -Ryan-

From the terminology you are using, I am assuming that you are using the Drawing Management Feature (Project Browser/Project Navigator).

Does the View file onto which you are dragging the Construct file have anything else in it prior to the drag?  In particular, are there any Constructs already there?  If so, do you get the cleanup errors prior to XCLIPping the Construct that you dragged into the View?  Clipping an external reference that has Walls beyond the clip boundary (in whole or in part) does not prevent those Walls (or the parts of the Walls) beyond the clip boundary from trying to cleanup with other Walls, including those in other external references (visible or beyond a clip boundary), if your Wall Cleanup Group definition(s) enable Wall cleanup between external reference and host file.  Depending upon how the Walls intersect one another, you could just get valid Wall cleanup, which may result in unexpected gaps in visible Walls, or you may get cleanup errors.

If there were no other objects in the View, and if every single Wall shows a cleanup error, double check to make sure you do not have multiple instances of the same Construct located one on top of the other.  If Wall cleanup between external reference and host is enabled, every Wall will have a coincidental Walls in the other instance(s) and a cleanup error will result.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
-Ryan-
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Yes, I'm using the Project Navigator, dragging the CONSTRUCT to the VIEW file that is empty. I have been dragging the same CONSTRUCT and accepting the "File already referenced" "Create a copy of the reference." When CLIPping, (I even tried your code XCLIP), no errors appear. Doing what you said, I gave it a try by adding multiple CONSTRUCTS, not overlapping, then CLIPped each one. WE HAVE SUCCESS. It looks like when the clipped versions of the Xrefs overlaps the more it interferes with the others. This didn't happen in ADT, so I couldn't figure out what was happening. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report