AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layout view and plots not showing drawing made in model space

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
segovia79
3293 Views, 2 Replies

layout view and plots not showing drawing made in model space

all i am seeing in layout is a white background and the template lines that i added.

When i go to plot no matter the scale i do not see the model space.

what am i missing.  viewports etc help files not helping.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: segovia79

Welcome to the community!

Do you have at least one Viewport on the layout?  Without a Viewport, you will not see anything in Model Space.

If you have a Viewport, is it turned on?  In Paper Space, select the Viewport and, on the Properties Palette, on the Design Tab, under the Misc category, check the On property - is it set to Yes?  If it is set to No, select the No and then use the drop-down menu to change the value to Yes.  Do you now see Model Space items?

If the Viewport was set to Yes (or, after setting to Yes), if you still do not see Model Space objects, it could be that the Viewport is looking at an empty area of Model Space.  Can you double-left-click inside the Viewport to make Model Space in that Viewport active?  Are you then able to run the ZOOM Extents command and then see objects in Model Space?  If it zooms Paper Space to extents instead of the Model Space within the Viewport, then the Viewport is most likely locked.  Unlock it and try the ZOOM Extents again.

If none of the above works for you, you may need to post the drawing as an attachment to a reply here, so that someone here can take a look at your file directly.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
segovia79
in reply to: David_W_Koch

i may have figured it out with your help in focus.  I was going to paper space, then to VIEW tab.  I see model view ports, but there are not choices highlighted, all gray.  Nothing will drop down in that option.

So then i went to LAYOUT tab.  THere is a LAYOUT VIEWPORT option, second one.  I then dragged a rectangle.. and my drawing from model space appears.  I got trapped on the similar names.  VIEWPORT vs LAYOUT VIEWPORT.  

thank you all for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost