AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stretching by grip isn't stretching the distance I put in

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
NNewcomb
455 Views, 9 Replies

stretching by grip isn't stretching the distance I put in

Normally, when I grab a wall by the center grip and move it in a certain direction, type in a number like 4, it would slide that direction 4 inches. Suddenly this week, when I use this method, its moving it in the right direction but at randome distances. In this most recent case, I'm trying to go 4 inches and it's moving it 4'-7 3/16" when I type in 4 or 4". It is also, but not always, moving it at an angle towards my curser even though my ortho is on. 

I hope one of you can help! I don't know what I did to cause this.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: NNewcomb

Turn off running osnaps and see if your issue goes away.

After you check a blank empty file to see if that problem is truly universal or just this one file, then ensure your DWG units are set to inches and not feet, and your PLAN command is set to Current UCS in case your UCS is rotated but your cursor is not.
Message 3 of 10
faugustom

I misunderstood, ignore...

Message 4 of 10
NNewcomb
in reply to: faugustom

I will look this up. I’m thinking it’s a setting I unknowingly or unintentionally changed by using one of the F keys or randomly clicking at the bottom since it’s across any drawings I open.
Message 5 of 10
NNewcomb
in reply to: pendean

running osnaps?  All the other was verified before I posted. Thanks

Message 6 of 10
NNewcomb
in reply to: faugustom

I really feel your reply might have helped but I can't try it since you deleted it. Maybe not though

Message 7 of 10
NNewcomb

I haven't found the issue's answer yet. I have noticed it's not just stretching a wall. It's also moving items like blocks and doors/windows etc. I used to be able to grab the middle handle and move curser in direction(with ortho on) I wanted it to go, type in distance and hit enter. Now I have to use the move command or it just tries to go in the direction of my curser and the distance I type in doesn't matter

Message 8 of 10
NNewcomb

All checked. None of these were the issue.
Message 9 of 10
pendean

so the problem is unique to this one file? No issue in other DWG files not related to this project?
IF DYNMODE is set to 0, does the issue go away?

DSETTINGS command, Dynamic Input tab, Pointer Input Settings button, your chosen FORMAT options in this file compared to a no-such-problems other file are how different?

Message 10 of 10
NNewcomb

No. the problem is in any file I open. But DYNMODE was it. SMH 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report