AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load theme settings name from a list definition

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Richard.Vivanco
312 Views, 8 Replies

Load theme settings name from a list definition

Hi, i created a list definition with several names that i need for my project (bathroom, kitchen, dinner room, deposit, laundry etc)

I use this list  to assign a name to my spaces, i make this in the properties panel

My question is: its possible to load my list definition to assign the names in the Display Theme?  Right now i create one by one the same name that appears in my list definition, so i think its inefficient workflow.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

DISPLAY THEME.png

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

in my opinion it not possible

Message 3 of 9

Bad news...   if im not in a mistake, this workflow its possible in revit.  You create rooms, change the names, and then in the legend colors appears these names.

Maybe my AA workflow is not correct.

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9

No, your workflow is correct. Just a limitation of the way themes in ACA work.

• Would like to see the ACA Theme auto-populate like Revit does.
  • Would like Revit's themes to be applicable to any object type(not just rooms/spaces)/property like ACA's are.

Different platforms, different capabilities, One day...

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 9

ACA/AMEP Zones are more akin to the room key in Revit graphically. Might be worth a look, but the workflow is still Edit Zone Template > Apply to spaces rather than dynamic from the space properties

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the response, i will test it.

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
brian_adams
in reply to: robincapperw

And it works good.! I use it this way...but the only problam is to make the exhaustive list of all posible rooms

Message 8 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

This response is a possible partial workaround to the problem.

In the displaytheme style command, open the Display Theme Styles (Imperial) drawing.  Note the number of saved display theme styles.  Pick one (commercial, educational, medical, or residential). Then duplicate, and put your names in it.  Import the display theme style and save the display themes styles drawing. Not as automatic as importing an existing list but better than working from scratch.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 9 of 9
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: dbroad

Sounds good...i can use this in a template too

I will try.

Thanks 

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost