AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot create new projects with the Project Navigator in AutoCAD Architecture 2025

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mikeshick
625 Views, 10 Replies

I cannot create new projects with the Project Navigator in AutoCAD Architecture 2025

When I try, on 3 different computers, I get the same result:

I cannot make a new project in navigator of AutoCAD Architecture 2025. When trying, I get failure 1) to create project, and 2) to rename project and directory.  I get the following error messages

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
yanhan.lim
in reply to: mikeshick

Hi @mikeshick , 

Thanks for posting your issue onto the AutoCAD Architecture forum. In my testing thus far, I am able to create a project, rename and repath.

Could you share anymore details of anything you think is useful to know? e.g. AutoCAD Architecture installation method, Windows version, other products installed.

Does this occur in a specific folder that you are trying to create your project or in all paths? 

Lastly, if you have not done so already, could you try saving your project onto a pathway that is on your local desktop and see if that works. 

Best regards,

Yanhan

Yanhan Lim
QA Analyst

If a response answers your question, please use ACCEPT SOLUTION to assist other users later.
Message 3 of 11
pendean

@mikeshick have you had a chance to reset one of those three ACA2025 seats back to defaults, restart that PC, avoid any profile import or other migrations from older or other seats or much of anything else, then trying again?

Message 4 of 11
mikeshick
in reply to: pendean

Yes...I tried and got the same results.  

If if create the project on my c drive, I don't have a problem.  

I've been creating my projects on a drive that syncs with Dropbox for about 4 years without issue.   It appears the problem comes from trying to create the project file in a folder that is sync'd with Dropbox. 

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 5 of 11
pendean

@mikeshick wrote:

...If if create the project on my c drive, I don't have a problem.  

...It appears the problem comes from trying to create the project file in a folder that is sync'd with Dropbox. 

Perhaps the syncing process is the trigger for the initial fail: easy to test out.

I believe Autodesk recommends the higher-cost DROPBOX BUSINESS accounts over the free consumer version: open a support ticket and find out.

Message 6 of 11
mikeshick

I have the Dropbox for business.  The problem is definitely with the "Updated" Project Navigator working with the Dropbox.  As said, I haven't had any of the issues in 4+ years of using DB.  It only started with the updated 2025.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 7 of 11
pendean

@mikeshick wrote:

...It only started with the updated 2025.

Here are ways to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/manage/use/support#:~:text=com/plans.-,Contact%20support,-S...

Message 8 of 11
mikeshick

Yes...I have an open case already. Thanks.
Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 9 of 11
mikeshick

Updating the software with the latest patch resolved the issue.  Didn't realize I hadn't installed the patches yet.  🙂

thanks for your help.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 10 of 11
yanhan.lim

Hi @mikeshick ,

Glad to hear it working again with the latest patch and thank you for furnishing us with more details of your workflows.

I would like to clarify your earlier message when you mentioned "It only started with the updated 2025".

I assume you were implying that the new AutoCAD Architecture 2025 version had the issue, and that your problem got resolved when you installed the the AutoCAD 2025.0.1 Update (you can find the 'about information' of your product from the drop down menu found on the top righthand side)

yanhanlim_0-1720100019168.png

Best regards,

Yanhan

Yanhan Lim
QA Analyst

If a response answers your question, please use ACCEPT SOLUTION to assist other users later.
Message 11 of 11
mikeshick
in reply to: yanhan.lim

Yes, that is correct @yanhan.lim

Thanks.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report