AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Display a Property Value in a Schedule Tag?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
didman78
244 Views, 2 Replies

How Do You Display a Property Value in a Schedule Tag?

I repeat my question if anyone can help me that would be great

how to create labels that detect the definition of each object created

I don't know the creation protocol well and can't find the "variable" keywords that must be placed in the label so that it displays what we want from the set definitions

when you edit a multi-view block, place a new attribute then a field, the list does not display the actual setdefinitions for the objects

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: didman78

If you are trying to create a Schedule Tag that will display the value of a Property in a Property Set that is attached to an object or, for AEC Objects, it Style or Definition, you need a Multi-View Block that has a View Block (vanilla AutoCAD Block Definition) that includes an Attribute Definition whose Tag name is formatted like this:

PROPERTYSETNAME:PROPERTYNAME

For example, looking at the out-of-the-box Room Tag in AutoCAD Architecture 2025, the AEC8_Room_Tag Multi-View Block Definition has a View Block called Aec8_Room_Tag_Basic_P.

2024-07-05_08-34-19.PNG

Placing an instance of that View Block and exploding it reveals that it has two attribute definitions, one whose tag is SPACEOBJECTS:NAME and another whose tag is SPACEOBJECTS:NUMBER.

2024-07-05_08-39-57.PNG

The SPACEOBJECTS:NAME attribute displays the value of the Name property in the SpaceObjects Property Set, and the SPACEOBJECTS:NUMBER attribute displays the value of the Number property in the SpaceObjects Property Set.

2024-07-05_08-44-45.PNG

The easiest way to create a new Schedule Tag is to use the _AecDefineTag command, which can be found in two places:

• On the Home ribbon tab, on the Annotation panel flyout, select the Create Tag tool.
  • On the Annotate ribbon tab, on the Scheduling panel flyout, select the Create Tag tool.

2024-07-05_08-51-26.PNG

This blog article explains how to use that command.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
didman78
in reply to: David_W_Koch

• looked at the blog, it’s very well explained, I’m going to try THANKS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta