AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Automatically Opening On File Open

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
biedigerjl
638 Views, 2 Replies

Excel Automatically Opening On File Open

Good afternoon. 
I work on drawing sets that are stored on a server. Those files are shared between my computer and another. When the other computer opens up files with excel “paste special, paste link, paste Microsoft excel worksheet” references, there are no issues. When I open them, the excel references are opened in excel (before ACAD finishes loading the dwg). Excel then prompts me that the file is opened by the the other computer and I can either notify the computer, open as a read only or cancel. None of these options work and it prevents me from opening the file and a freeze occurs. 

CAD data links for excel files take forever to update so that is why we do it this way. 

Is there a way to solve this problem? I was thinking if I could disable the excel references from opening instantly, that may solve the problem. His computer doesn’t open them immediately, but I don’t know where that option might be. Thank you!

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
R_Tweed
in reply to: biedigerjl

Try setting olelinks to manual. This should stop the issue of when another person opens the dwg excel opening or loading.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 075147.png

Message 3 of 3
handjonathan
in reply to: biedigerjl

Hi @biedigerjl 
Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @R_Tweed helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report