AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a profile view of curved wall

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
R_Tweed
399 Views, 2 Replies

creating a profile view of curved wall

Does anyone know how to create an elevation that is a profile view of a curved wall in ACA without resorting to using traditional drafting techniques?  A profile view that shows the curve in its true length as if it were flattened rather than a projection of the curve.   I tried using a multi point section but it creates a straight projection. If not, my next step is c3d.  I've attached a dwg. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 081424.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: R_Tweed

I'm not aware of any ability for AutoCAD to do developments.  It is possible to program it. Otherwise I do it manually.  This is one of AutoCAD's many feature holes for 3d work.  I don't think Revit can do any better without it's API and a determined user/programmer.  There are other software packages that do including Rhino, Solidworks, and CATIA.

Rhino has an unroll command. Fusion 360 has impressive sheet metal fabrication features. Solidworks is also very impressive.

See attached chat with ChatGPT. It can express itself very well but doesn't fact check too well.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
R_Tweed
in reply to: dbroad

CHatgpt is interesting.  In the end, manual drafting was the most efficient.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta