AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select or edit AEC objects after transferring ACA 2015 to new laptop

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
623 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot select or edit AEC objects after transferring ACA 2015 to new laptop

Transferred 2015 to a new Windows 10 laptop.  Finally got my cui, toolbars and everything working like I wanted.  Now my wall, doors, etc. are showing as AEC items.  I can't select them or do anything with them.  

Anyone have any advice?

USERNAME for clarity VStudley edited the original subject: Transfer to new laptop Architecture 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, and thank you for posting your question here in the AutoCAD Architecture forum!

• Have you installed AutoCAD 2015 instead of AutoCAD Architecture 2015?
  • If you're sure you've installed AutoCAD Architecture, and not vanilla AutoCAD, which profile are you working in? Have you launched the program into the AutoCAD profile "as AutoCAD"?

You may want to try the suggestions in this article to narrow down what's happening: Missing MEP or Architecture tools in AutoCAD MEP or AutoCAD Architecture

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No version of AutoCAD2015 is fully supported in Win10 http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X

In addition to the other tips offered... Start 3DCONFIG or GRAPHICSCONFIG command in your 2015 version and post a screenshot of that pop-up here please
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestions that @pendean or I provided last week help you get to the bottom of this?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report