Please create a pour stop macro. It should allow the following:

Select beam.

Inside macro:

Select conc thickness.

Input slab edge distance from beam CL.

Input folded plate thickness

Input weather or not weld studs used

input weld stud parameters

Input max pourstop lengths (obviously we cannot ship a 43' pourstop)

input weather or not to add erection aid bolts

input weld info

Thanks!!

Mark

That's minimum req'd. functions. I'm sure others will chime in to add more features. Any thoughts @acbsdesign ? 

12 Comments
acbsdesign
Mentor

@markhubrich 

This is what I am doing in recent days, and a macro is a must.

Currently, best way is creating the bent plate with FOLDED BEAM (the cleanest way so far), system on top outside so it will be dimensioned on beam dwgs.

Placing shear studs, and using the custom command "Mark connected objects in shop and select" - this will also select the welds, and using the Copy with Adjustments command placing the pour stop at other beams as well, keeping the lengths 10' or 12' depending on the press available.

@Gernot.Jeromin 

Can you please have a look and if it is not a huge expense for your billion-plus dollar company - please include it in your roadmap.

This is how the pour stop looks like:

Typ pour stop.jpg

Thank you.

markhubrich
Advisor

Folded beam. Hmm. Can a folded beam still end up acting exactly as folded plate? I spoiled my shop with plasma scribe bend marks😅 The main thing annoying me with the folded plate is if I need to tweak the length I have to delete the plate fold rotation and stretch both the plates then bend them back together. Even worse is splitting it for manageable lengths. We should be able to split plates without the need to have the UCS perp to the plate. If we could cut at line the entire folded part without deleting the fold that would be nice too.  

acbsdesign
Mentor

So far no issues, easy to trim, extend, same as a beam.

Build the polyline on outer edge of the pour stop, system on top end, outside.

markhubrich
Advisor

Thanks @acbsdesign  I do like your way better 🤗 A quick test and all I need to do is tweak a drawing style a little. Looking at drawing and BOM, everything still points to plate, perfect!! 😉

acbsdesign
Mentor

You are very welcome, Mark, glad you liked it :).

acbsdesign
Mentor

Please add:

-Start point and end point  of the pour stop from main physical or system

Regards,

markhubrich
Advisor

Please also add ability to enable gusset plates. 

POURSTOPGUSSET.JPG

I'm in with this idea. Maybe additional for the folded beam:
The size (maybe token from a polyline) could be adjusted after the creation. Many users don't know the option, to change the display type to "Exact  (possible to modify the section)": https://autode.sk/3dpzZUB

And another way could be to use Userprofiles and set them in the databases to unfold them on drawings. 

acbsdesign
Mentor

Short screencast, how easy it is to trim and extend.

Trim and extend pour stop 

markhubrich
Advisor

@acbsdesign all profiles now easier to extend now thanks to the magic flyout in the grip 😄 That should be added to walls too.

I was just thinking about the pline @Sebastian_Eiche , I wonder if it would be possible to have a macro decide parameters of a profile based on layer name. For example, 

PS14x6WS@8-3

So if I have a pline on a layer of that name:

1. Pourstop

2. 14" wide from beam system line

3. 6" deep concrete

4. Weld studs

5. spaced at 8" on center

6. placed at 3" down from top

Come to think of it, this would be real handy for all kinds of stuff! All you need is a named layer and a pline and when creating a beam for example by pline, the layer name on that pline would already have much of the info in the name to populate many of the attributes of the beam. If I needed to do a mass edit and make my pourstop 11" instead of 14" I could just rename the layer. 

My example only shows 6 criteria. There are many more for a profile shape so who knows the possibilities.

markhubrich
Advisor

Only if Dynamo had more Advance Steel capability. Too bad it cannot interact with existing model objects. If someone would implement Grasshopper to work with Acad I would never complain about anything AS ever again. LOL Unfortunately Grasshopper only works with Rhino as far as I know. 

acbsdesign
Mentor

Thinking of custom connections, one left, one right, 10' bent plate, 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" thick so shear studs will always be close to the inner face.

Let's say 6" wide x 6" high as a default.

A total of 6 custom connections. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report