Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREFs in GA Drawings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
HarryHighpants
2437 Views, 7 Replies

XREFs in GA Drawings

Apologies if this has been already been discussed elsewhere.

Does anyone know how to get an XREF to appear in a GA drawing.

So far, anything that is not an Advance Steel object seems to be excluded from my drawings.

I want the steelwork I model in AS to appear alongside timber and concrete structure that I have brought in as an XREF.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: HarryHighpants

just select it before you make a drawing
Message 3 of 8
HarryHighpants
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, that does work, thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: HarryHighpants

yep, i knew that it works, did it before...............
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

In the Drawing Style Manager found on the ribbon , under the output tab , panel  Document manager, button next to document manager icon.    open this and go to the style in question.   under the style is a model object selection tab, on that tab you will see various listed options for the drawing types,  in this case if a arrangement drawing, then to include an Xref automatically you need to adjust the Selection option to one with Xref.

you can change this under the user part of the Drawing style manager system.  once this is done, it will then pick up the Xref with you having to remember to selected it each time.

For block elements that have been inserted,  so this is where a drawing file has been inserted and the is now a block you will still need to select the block prior to drawing creation.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnjmbennett

We need to Xref a special complicated Weld  Detail to GA drawings and several detail drawings of different lengths.

We want to keep the the Weld Detail AS (not exploded) because it is likley to change.

How can this be done ?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i am trying to do a similar thing but with a section view of the structure, but my drawing only show what is in the model and not the xref.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Hi, related to what´s in discussion here.

I have an xref file attached to my model and i can see it in the GA drawings i created. Everything OK so far.

Now in the drawings i need the xref file to be in wireframe, meaning not to hide anything of the rest of the model.

Is there any way i can achieve this?.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report