Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretching Multiple profiles

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
muleman1
1504 Views, 12 Replies

Stretching Multiple profiles

I have a rack I am trying to stretch/extend all 54 angles 1/8" in one direction at once. Any ideas?

multiple stretch.jpeg

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

hi,

just good old autocad stretch?
de select a few profiles and it shood work.

in AS if you have made an shortening at beam end, you can move all shortenings at once.
Message 3 of 13
muleman1

I tried many ways to multiple stretch with no avail. Even drew a huge plate thinking I could extend or use as a cut to object, but AS would not recognize the plate as an object ??? as a 'cut to' object ...... finally after wasting a couple hours on Google, selected all the angles, then 'shift selected' each system line end grip and was able to stretch all 54 at once.......this is easy and intuitive ????

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 4 of 13
danielrmc1726

hello i've tried to do what you say here but no luck, could you please do a video of the process?
Message 5 of 13
mick-CNF
in reply to: danielrmc1726

I would suggest where you can keep items "connected" and they will extend with the moved item.

Extend Items | Advance Steel | Autodesk Knowledge Network

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 6 of 13
muleman1
in reply to: danielrmc1726

@danielrmc1726  the screencast we attched is the way we did it. There is most likely a better way and we hope to learn it...  https://autode.sk/3BPLMJT

Message 7 of 13

You were on the right track with your plate idea.  But you need to draw a beam with the system line where you want the beams stretched to.  Then you can use the Advance Trim/Extend to that dummy beam.  The good news is that you only need a single dummy beam for all the items to be trimmed/extended.

Message 8 of 13

@Jonathan.Jasinski  I have wasted countless hours in the past trying to get the "Advance Trim/Extend to the dummy beam". At your lesuire, would you be kind enough to post a screencast of how to accomplish that

Message 9 of 13
mick-CNF

System Line Trim | Advance Steel | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 10 of 13
mick-CNF

System Line Trim | Advance Steel | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 11 of 13
acbsdesign

@muleman1 

Trim and extend to system line and to line 

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 12 of 13
samZT7EV

In Advance Tool Pallet go to 'Features'

Use shorten at UCS. This will also stretch multiple beams to your UCS.

I've just used this workaround to stretch +100 purlins.

Message 13 of 13
mick-CNF

This was solved 9 years ago.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report