Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plate Chamfer

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
derrick_lambrecht
906 Views, 6 Replies

Plate Chamfer

When I used the Plate chamfer command, the green contour processing box appears, but the corner of the plate doesn't change. I used the convex fillet option. Looks like everything is working, but the corner of the plate is still a 90 angle instead of the specified radius, even though the green shows up as it is supposed to. How can I make this cooperate?

TIA.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @derrick_lambrecht 

Can you upload the model or just the plate so we can have a look, probably a screenshot or 2 of the plate and what is happening on the screen.

When applying the plate chamfer it is important to click on the actual corner you want to edit, but without seeing the issue its hard to tell whats happening

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

See attached file for assistance.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7

Hi @derrick_lambrecht 

So the issue is with the position of your model relative to the WCS 0,0,0. Your model is 8miles away in the X axis, 20 miles away in the Y axis and 0.2 miles away in the Z axis

With the model so far away from the 0,0,0 AutoCAD / Advance Steel just cant compute what is going on and as you progress further with the project your clash checks and numbering will also have issues.

If you use Advance Copy to move the model back to 0,0,0 then the chamfers show as expected, see attahced screeenshot

Curved itesm.JPG

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Thank you,

I had another post also the same file, so I'm hoping you can help with that too. I want to make the post a 1/4" longer to get rid of the gap shown in the snip below. I can't figure out how to adjust the length of the welded beam to close the gap.

derricklambrecht_0-1632849659718.png

Message 6 of 7

Hi @derrick_lambrecht 

If you double click on the flatbar and change the "Display type" to features you will see there is a feature at the top of the flatbar, just select the feature then stretch it up by the 1-4" that you need

As there are 2 fglatbars each has a feature so you will need to do both

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report