Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Labeling on plans

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
scottividal
546 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with Labeling on plans

Hello there

Good morning, for several days I have been reading and watching videos to find an answer to my problem, but I have not had any luck.

I am trying to configure the floor plans, so that they dimension the profiles by their section name. But instead I sometimes get it to dimension the main part and the profile section, or just the part name.

I am attaching a photo of what I am trying to do, where at the same time you can see the results I have achieved.

I hope you can help me, thank you very much in advance.

ASV
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
acbsdesign
in reply to: scottividal

Hi @scottividal 

1. Open The Drawings Style Manager

2. User (if you have used USER dwg style, if you have used AS dwg style you cannot modify it)

3. In objects presentation, in  Labeling column-choose what label to be used per Model role (listed under Model Objects)

If you don't have the model role listed add to the bottom of the list and move up, whatever sits higher prevails.

If you don't have the model role added in DSM: Go to the field to the left Model Objects, copy an existing model role and modify. (the closest - for example-copy MP Beam (model role) in MP with model roles and re-name)

This is the default AS Dwg style (Plan Full for example)

acbsdesign_0-1632865149058.png

This is where a model role can be added:

acbsdesign_1-1632865567679.png

And in case we don't have the desired model role available at all, we can add it in MT, in Object Properties Editor:

acbsdesign_3-1632865687844.png

acbsdesign_4-1632865765030.png

Select one existing, and on the upper left corner-New, and modify if it is for beam or all straight elements etc.

Update defaults before assigning it to a member.

Hope this helps.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report