Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering - Erection Marks and Fabrication Marks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
spayne76BBK
148 Views, 1 Reply

Numbering - Erection Marks and Fabrication Marks

Hi All,

My end goal here is to have:

1. Assembly marks (Erection marks) as closely aligned as possible to the sequence of erection. 
  2. Single Part marks (Fabrication marks) as closely aligned as possible to the sequence of fabrication.

Is there a way to define how an object gets its number based on the position of its start point?

I am imagining that I would be able to define a rule that says: All beam objects with the model role column get assigned their "%MethodNumber" in order of X-coordinate (ascending) and then by Y-coordinate (ascending).

From what I have read, AS groups all the objects in similar containers prior to assigning its %MethodNumber. It would need to sort the buckets before numbering them, and then sort the buckets somehow?

I see there are numbering settings defined in the table editor, and I see that you can define you own numbering method, but how would you get AS to use a specific numbering method for an object type and model role?

spayne76BBK_0-1701124629293.png

(Management Tools > Table Editor > [Filter]"number")

Regards,

Steven Payne

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AleckGiles
in reply to: spayne76BBK

Hi,

The short answer is that you cannot influence the sequence of numbers assigned by AS. It will assign the first number to the item with the highest quantity. The second number to the next highest quantity and so on. Location in the model or any other criteria are not considered and cannot be used.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report