Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing file invalid

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
italo_reboucas6QRUV
350 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing file invalid

Hello,

I was working on a model and when tried to save it, the following messagem showed up:

"One or more objects on this drawing could not be saved due to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created."

After that, i could not open the model again and every time that i try to open it, the following message appears:

"Drawing file invalid". 

I already tried to restore the file without sucess. I .bak file was created right before this problem but i'm not able to open it because the file doesn't show on the drawing recovery manager. 

I opened a 2D drawing of this model and it's working great, even being able to create new dimensions and labels so Advance Steel is still recognizing the information of the model. Can someone help me with this problem. I'm already late on the schedule and if i'm not able to open this model, i'll be in big trouble.

PS: I use Advance Steel in portuguese and translated these messages so maybe they are slightly different for english versions.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Not sure how to fix your issue, hopefully someone else can help, but I don't think you will be able to save your model unfortunately.

I have always found AS (2018) to be quite stable.  The only tips I can give are to never copy / paste anything into your AS model file, and never upgrade to newer version when you are mid-project.

Message 3 of 9

Thanks sdonohoedesign.

I also hope someone can help me. I did update to a newer version. 

Message 4 of 9

There are many things you can try https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/how-to-recover-los...

Your daily backup of your files should be of help you recover more useful portions than just the current BAK too.
Message 5 of 9

Pendean, what you mean by daily backup?

Message 6 of 9

Is it backup done manually or automatically?

Message 7 of 9

My model is being updated automatically to the OneDrive but i went to check to see if there was a previous version saved there and found only the crashed version. Does anyone knows if i can find previous versions saved on OneDrive?

Message 8 of 9

It worked. I recovered a previous version usind OneDrive's Version History. 

Thank you for all who helped. 

Message 9 of 9

rename .bak to .dwg and try it

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report