Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Exception

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rstevenson
851 Views, 6 Replies

Mapping Exception

My shop likes PL mapped to FB when applicable.

I have all our sizes set up and it is working well. 
I am wondering if there is there a way to have a specific entity ignore mapping?

On this particular project, I will have some plate that fall into the FB size (3/8 x 5 1/2) but the thing is, these plates will be cut round and therefore would not want to be ordered as FB.

I understand that I could untick the Map box, or maybe even go in an alter that specific size in the database (hoping that it doesn't affect any other current projects) but am hoping there is some other trick.

Is it an all or nothing when it comes to mapping?

Currently running AS2019.

-Rikki

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

There's only a mapping Yes or No 😃

But as workaround:

Change the Mapping priority: here's a Knowledge

As Idea, I would use the %Denotation (Free remark) and use this a empty value 😃 

So if the Denotation is "empty" your rules should work like now. If you add the Denotation: "NO" this should use another Mapping line (I think it's enough to have this line step higher as the other one)

EXAMPLE: you have to plates PL5x10mm one with the setting "NO" (I use to tick the box, for having different numbers)

Use this setting:

Setting the Map Rule_1Setting the Map Rule_1Setting the Map Rule_2Setting the Map Rule_2

Setting the Map Rule_3Setting the Map Rule_3

Use the model propertyUse the model property

ResultResult

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 7

Thanks Sebastian.

I can see where you are going with this.

I added a new line in MapInternToExtern (with External 1 blank) which seemed to work fine.

The size now shows up as PL.

In your Result example, I see the Remark field is blank where mine now contains "NO" as it is pulling from the %Denotation (Free remark) token. This is a DWG BOM if it makes a difference from the Ext BOM.

Are you using a different token (UserAttr1 or something like that for remarks when needed) or is there a trick to making "NO" not show up?

I have tried playing with the Mapping, and VB Script sections of the BOM Text dialog but have never got it working and gave up.

Message 4 of 7
johnjmbennett
in reply to: rstevenson

Hi,

so to compliment what @Sebastian_Eiche  is trying to explain here,  he is correct in the use of the mapping and the changes made within the Mapping tables and options.

The free remark is being used within the mapping (Recoding) to act as a trigger to the mapping options.    think he use NO to represent Notation.    He Freeremark does not need to be in the BOM at all , it is just a way to mark the renaming of the part name under he BOM on drawing and External BOM and Drawing title lists.

The External Name 1 field must have an entry so it shows in the BOM & Drawings etc.

I made a screen cast to try and show this and hopefully you don't need anything else to change this to achieve difference in the name

Screencast :  https://autode.sk/2YySAJz

all credit to Sebastian to putting in the basis of this, i had a same idea,  but was not quite sure until i tested it.

cheers

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

I love the plate mapping and beam mapping, so powerful!

Message 6 of 7
Emanuel.Nestor
in reply to: rstevenson

Hi @rstevenson,

Just to add something about the mapping rules:

• The tokens for User attributes cannot be used for creating mapping name / rule. They are not implemented to work on this level.
  • The available tokens for mapping name are:
    • - %Length
      - %Width
      - %Thickness
      - %Material
      - %Coating
      - %Denotation (Free remark)

Hope it helps

Best regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 7 of 7

I also found that mapping Thickness & Material works well to since the GA plate has a different material type.

My hangup was that I had used the value for RunName (A1011 Gr. B) and should have used the value for Key (ASTMA1011B) when I set the mapping rule.

Thanks everyone for all you help.

-Rikki

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report