Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps interval

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
558 Views, 8 Replies

Steps interval

Can someone explain how can I get wished interval of steps of a stair? Whatever value I enter the joint recalculates steps interval to place them equally along the stair. For example, I want steps to be placed with the interval of 200mm (item 1). I enter 200 but the joint calculates and sets steps with interval 263 so the steps placed all along the stair with the same interval.

The only way I can get what I want is when the stair has angle of 45deg and the length=height. If angle is different - it`s impossible to set my interval.

What I do wrong? 

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
s_hannemann
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

in my experience its all about the start and the end height of your system. If u are not used to the AS Stairs generator try to draw the stairs with some polylines. U will now see where the start and the end of your system should be.

Draw your System and keep the GA drawings close and u should be fine 🙂

Message 3 of 9
mick-CNF

What is the length and height?

Screenshot (639).png

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mick-CNF

Exactly what it says, length and height of a stringer. Right what you see on your printscreen.

Now try to get step interval equal to 200 (Step-General tab) for example

Message 5 of 9
mick-CNF

Screenshot (642).png

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

no, not going, I need rise=200 (sorry I mistakenly called it interval)

Message 7 of 9
mick-CNF

If your height is 3000 and you want a 200 rise that will be 14 rises. if the length is 4400 the going will be 293.33.

What height and length are you after if different?

Screenshot (644).png

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

/

Message 9 of 9
mick-CNF

I suppose you could do what you want but you would have to workout your start and end points to allow for the difference.

In the UK Building Regulations require you to have equal rises and goings on a single flight of stairs so I would NEVER make up the difference on the first or last rise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report