Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items with model role Environment marked

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
advandes
469 Views, 4 Replies

Items with model role Environment marked

Using AS 2019

Thanks for looking at my post. Please see attached screen capture.

It is my understanding that items with a model role assigned as "Environment" are considered existing and will not be marked and will not generate detailed drawings. This was not what happened in my case. I did not want to include these items in any detailing are marking. Is there a simple explanation? Can someone explain the process in which I would remove these objects from the detailed sheets that I now have? I don't want them marked, detailed or included in any BOM. For future reference: when I am modeling a project, what should I do when I want to show existing steel that does not require detailing? Thank you very much for any help.

AAG
Advance Design
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
advandes
in reply to: advandes

Sorry, forgot the attachment.

AAG
Advance Design
Message 3 of 5
alickomay

u could achieve this by makeing drawings with draw process's/suite  

in the detail style map if u dont have a style for "environment" and "all" it wont make drawings for environment

u could make a "all but enviroment" role in -drawing style maneger/model objects

an alternative way 

i dont know if its possible to make a script or custom button to change behaviour setting's  but that would allso work

Message 4 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche

The role environment is only for another visual style in the GA details. If you don't want to get the part get numbered, you had to deactivate 'use for numbering' in the behavior of the parts. You could use the filter to filter all the parts with this role and then you could deactivate it for a group for example 'for all beams' by using the multi edit.

If the parts have not single or mainpart number they will not be detailed.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 5

Sounds like a great idea for an idea. model roles venture into the model and not only drawing creation.  

Example.. environment role makes any member with this role un-check  the behavior boxes for lists and numbering.

...and fix the kiss export issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report