Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ste my colums as picture

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
3DDrawing&Management
340 Views, 4 Replies

How to ste my colums as picture

Good afternoon to all, i have a problem into advance steel. In the software Tekla you have a buttom for that so i supose you have this into advance steel also, but i don't no how to do this.

See my project, lots of colums for a very big building, but the calculation engineer ask to place the colums like in picture below. Can somebody advice how to do this into advance steel. The picture at last is in Telka, so they this buttom do this. Thanks in advance  

Knipsel.JPGSchermafbeelding 2023-05-19 154104.jpg

tegenpeil kolom-ligger verbinding.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I think you are trying to create a portal frame structure.   For this you can use a structural element macro to create the portal frame of 2 columns and 2 rafters, you will find this on the home ribbon tab.

for the connections you need to goto the plate type connections and look for connections that create haunches, there are several different types,  similarly there is an apex connection for the ridge location.

if you look in the advance steel help you will find reference to these commands.

also there are many videos out on YouTube to aide this process.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Goodmorning, thanks for your answer on my problem. But i know that you have portal frame members and connections, i can work quit good with advance steel. But to set this elevation of  how do you call this i don't know how to do this into advance steel. Also i can not find any movie on you tube for that. I already have my structural frame members, but now they ask to set this into my portal frame. 

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

The Portal frame joint will let you define the angle of the rafters. There is no way to define tolerances in Advance Steel. Everything is modelled exact and you have to define tolerances on the drawings manually; such as in notes.

If you want the end of the rafter cut to a different angle than the final position of the haunch then there is no way ot do that in the joint but you can manually add a second shorten to the end of the rafter at 0.5deg different angle.

AleckGiles_1-1686727324830.png

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Aleck, already did it like this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report