Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interupt an API to pan drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
307 Views, 2 Replies

How to interupt an API to pan drawing?

I can select members within an API, but I need to PAN or ZOOM the drawing to allow complete selections.  I can use the sendcommand but that executes when my API exits.  I can shutdown my API to allow the PAN to execute.  I can use the CommandEndedReactor to restart my original API, but I don't know how to differentiate between a original API start versus an API return.  Ideally I could pass an argument for a return.  Ideas?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChristianBlei
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

• Userinteraction.SelectObjects allows you to zoom or pan as long as you have not confirmed your selection with enter or escape keys.
  • If you want to zoom in your code, as a cheep workaround you could use a prompt (userinteraction.selectObjects) to interrupt the execution of code, zoom or pan and then continue with enter without selection anything.
  • You can use AutoCAD editor. Command ("_.zoom") or ("_.pan") to zoom or pan inside of your code.Snippet
    Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.Command("_.zoom")

HTH,

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ChristianBlei

Thanks Christian, I got it to work the hard way but it required saving and recalling data that is unnecessary if your idea works.  So far everything you've suggested for me has worked great so I will switch to your idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report