Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine types of bolts

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
eyal.ch
984 Views, 21 Replies

How to combine types of bolts

Hi Everyone,

From my model I got a long list of bolts with the same diameter but differnt length.

Can I define that the software will combine types?

For ex.: if I have M16x60,M16x50,M16x55,M16x45, 

it will take the 45 and 50mm bolts and make them M50.

and the 55 and 60 it will union to 60mm.

so instead of having 4 types I will have 2 types.

thank you

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
iwafb
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

@bigcarl5000kg, you are of course correct. I understand the use of 8.8 grade bolts and yes, there are instances where the projections matter as I mentioned in my original post. That's why I suggested a new database as opposed to modifying the existing one. That way, should a job require it, you can always apply the original standard. Either way (add grip or create a new database), the result would be the same? Except that, by using a new database, the bolts are the "right" length already without having to manually modify in each instance, or globally for each type at the end.

I have seen cases (here in Australia), where the riggers want to have as few different lengths of bolts as possible. Depending on the standard applicable, the fabricators have asked for this sort of standardizing. All comes down to @eyal.ch (and the project requirements) as you mentioned... 👍

Message 22 of 22
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: eyal.ch

Hi @iwafb,

I know, it works too 😉😁👍

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report