Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing views not moving with model shifts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
darcy.knopp
117 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing views not moving with model shifts

I have generated all the drawings for a site prior to having all the final site elevations figured out. Is there a way to shift the drawing viewpoints with the model shifts? For example, if the drawings were all generated at 100.000 and now the whole model needs to shift to 100.500, the drawings, when updated, will all be screwed.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnjmbennett
in reply to: darcy.knopp

Hi,

so not sure how you created the drawing views from the model,  if you created them manually via a style and selected a viewport, then those positions are stored in the view created.  If I recall under the drawing itself and the properties you can see this and I seem to recall there is an option to move the main drawing plane from its origin , but you have to check.

you may find you can move where the view is created.

if you used a camera object and a drawing process, then just move the camera and the view will show an update required I expect but it will be the same size, style etc.  ( cannot guarantee that you will not have to redo any manual work to that view)

if you change is just a level change of the whole model, then you could leave the model at the same vertical model co-ordinates and use the AS level symbol and settings to override the global level displayed. 

anyway just some idea’s thought etc.

HTH

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report