Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section view range

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
antonio.delacruz
265 Views, 4 Replies

Cross section view range

Hi there,

I couldn't find where I can control the view range creating a cut view in assemblies, I have to say that I tried to modify it on the drawing style manager but I couldn't find the right option controlling it. 

antoniodelacruz_1-1700065705710.png

Also, I tried modifying the viewport setting, and won't work, the part that I need is circled in the image, but when I reduce the X, what I get is a portion of the left hand side of the assembly.

Any idea would be much appreciated

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lewk_PSB
in reply to: antonio.delacruz

Cut views are limited and you cannot adjust many settings nor their positions once they are made. Your best option is to create a new view using cameras. Once you get the hang of using cameras you'll never want to use Cut View again.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for replying @Lewk_PSB, I agree with you on both points, but there's something that bugs me a lot, isn't it supposed that on this new section view the view depth should match the one on the original cross-section? then, why in the world, it's considering the whole size of the assembly?

Sorry to say this here, but on Tekla that works just fine.

Message 4 of 5
Lewk_PSB
in reply to: antonio.delacruz

Ah, I think  see why. This is because you're making a Cut View from another Cut View. In this case you're taking Section B from the Main View, then taking Section E from Section B. Both Sections B & E are going to use the Main View's depth/coordinate settings.

Message 5 of 5

I know, but the view depth settings on both cut views are supposed to be editable, aren't they? Next time I will just create a camera, or something even easier, an Autocad 2D detail view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report