Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolts to a Group

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
948 Views, 7 Replies

Bolts to a Group

hi

i used Split Bolt group and But I want them to be converted back to a group .Is there a solution?

Advance Steel2016.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

There isn't a way to turn a split group back into a pattern. From the picture, that bolt configuration isn't a "Pattern" but a number of possible patterns.

You maybe can redraw the bolts as smaller patterns?
Message 3 of 8

hi

This means that if I want to edit it, I should be the one to do one?

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 8

Yes. You need to move each bolt individually.
Message 5 of 8

It's too bad.

But I think this group of AutoCAD tools to help us.

Steel2016-3.jpg

Message 6 of 8

I believe that those tools are for the BOM on drawings. But someone else will have to verify that. I have not used those for grouping AS pieces before. I am curious to see if it works though. Let us know.
Message 7 of 8

Grouping bolts using Group command, only makes them selectable together.

You cannot return to the Advance Steel functionality (for example to edit distance between bolts).

I recommend using smaller bolt groups.

Bogdan Orzea
QA Analyst
Message 8 of 8
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: Bogdan.O

Thanks for your response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report