Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Miter

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jcapenecas
636 Views, 3 Replies

Beam Miter

I am trying to create a notched member, but the miter command doesn't seem to do what I want. As a alternative I also tried to use the Shorten at UCS but I had to keep rotating the UCS until the cut managed to remove the correct side of the cut line. In the example I have attached the wire frame shows the profile and there is also the members that have been mitered using various techniques but I am unable to recreate my example   

Does anyone have any suggestions as to making the miter work correctly on the example I have supplied? 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Karsten_Bork
in reply to: jcapenecas

Hi,

I'm not really sure, what you mean, in my case it works perfect. Please never delete the gray boxes, so you will lose the intelligence of the connection.

1.jpg

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users
Karsten Bork
Mensch und Maschine acadGraph GmbH
Message 3 of 4
Karsten_Bork
in reply to: Karsten_Bork

Hi,

one more thing, please try to pick the beams nearby miter! Then it will work perfectly.

2.jpg

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users
Karsten Bork
Mensch und Maschine acadGraph GmbH
Message 4 of 4
jcapenecas
in reply to: Karsten_Bork

Thank you for that. I did find that I had to select the members in very specific places but it did work 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report