Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2022 Double sided moment end plate

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
B.Bevelander
296 Views, 2 Replies

AS2022 Double sided moment end plate

I'm looking for a Connection in the Vault, yet dont seem to find the one I'm looking for.

I got 2 RHS200x200x4 (Metric) connected to either side of the web of a IPE550 and I want to set up a 'Moment End Plate' for both, but if I do both individual, their bolts clash with eachother.

I did see 'Double sided end plate' as a connection, but that doesnt have the galvanising holes that I would need to apply here.

Can anyone direct me to the right connection?

If nothing else work, I was just thinking of setting both ends up with an 'End Plate' Connection, since this also has the galvanising holes worked into it, and applying the bolts manually, but if I dont have to, I would prefer not to.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AleckGiles
in reply to: B.Bevelander

Hi,

You would be better off using the Double Sided End Plate (with safety bolt() connection. The two end plates then share the same bolts and you don't need to explode the joint to add manual galvanising holes. The End Plate joint on the "plates at Beam" page of Connection Vault has all sorts of issues without the galv holes moving and not being correct when you adjust the beam. Much less work to add one joint and 2 galv holes than add two joints plus several bolts.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3
B.Bevelander
in reply to: AleckGiles

Yeah i figured as much, thats what i had to resort to eventually wich seemed the less painfull way.

It becomes even easier to just make a bolt connection between the 2 plates and then change the bolt connection to just holes, saves the trouble of puting holes on both plates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report