Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel custom commands-share your ideas

814 REPLIES 814
SOLVED
Message 1 of 815
acbsdesign
92080 Views, 814 Replies

Advance Steel custom commands-share your ideas

Hello,

It will be nice to learn more about custom commands / combination of Autocad and Advance Steel commands improving productivity. 

To colleagues willing to share-Thank you.

Here is a tiny example:

"Hide parts with identical numbers"-used when parts are detailed using drawings styles.

^C^C_AstM5equalpartsMarkSame \;AstM4CommSelectMarkedObjects ;_AstM4SwitchReprMode off

And another one:

"Hide Similar Advance Steel Objects":

^C^C_SelectSimilar \;_AstM4SwitchReprMode off

Regards, 

Ilko Dimitrov

ACBS

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

814 REPLIES 814
Message 621 of 815

@acbsdesign  👍 best forum thread ever 👍

unfortunately I haven´t found this thread earlier 🙈

Here is another one, i have created last year:

The command creates multiple Part Lists / BOM with one click:

^C^C_ASTM4COMMBOMNEW 22027 1 ASTM4COMMBOMNEW 22004 1 ASTM4COMMBOMNEW 22036 1 ASTM4COMMBOMNEW 22013 1

the green highlited Number is the Key, the red marked number ist the location (0=Advance, 1=User, 2=Project)

MetallPlanMerkinger_1-1653997454869.png

MetallPlanMerkinger_3-1653997522500.png

MetallPlanMerkinger_2-1653997479046.png

Message 622 of 815

Here are a few another commands i use:

I have created a Lisp file with, usually I use that commands direct via keyboard:

"dx" turns BKS around X for 90°

"dy" turns BKS around y for 90°

"dz" turns BKS around z for 90°

"2D" changes the Variable " to 1

"3D" changes the Variable " to 0

"ISOLV" turns the Model in to Isometric view, (without changing the BKS) LEFT FRONT

"ISOLH" left rear

"ISORV" right front

"ISORH" right rear

"BA" turns the BKS in the current view

Message 623 of 815

and here is the next one:

Attached i have 2 lisps, and an arx file. I have found them somewhere in the www a few years ago.

There are two commands:

"dxfübereinander" imports dxf files, and places them vertically with a distance from 1000mm

"dxfübereinander" imports dwg files, and places them vertically with a distance from 1000mm

i use this, for importing the nc/dxf files with one click

and then i use "labelBlockUnder.lsp" with the command "LBU", that means label block underneath, with the current selected textstyle, textsize and layer.

MetallPlanMerkinger_4-1653999017718.png

Message 624 of 815

Wouldn't it be easier to create a process for this? I did this in the past for a customer.
Process: all plates fill the sheet (use a prototype without HYPERSTEELPAGEFRAME).

By using the explode options from Advance Steel, this Detail could be exploded and set with the correct DXF layer. The only thing which had to be done is to transfer the objects to the modelarea (if needed).

The advantage of this procedur is: by model changings you could just update the detail and do this procedur again.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 625 of 815

no, because then is the engraving missing
Message 626 of 815

thats correct.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 627 of 815

@MetallPlanMerkinger 

These are great!

Thank you for sharing.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,

Message 628 of 815

@MetallPlanMerkinger 

Can we add a text that will export/plot each list when opened?

Also-can we use one model extract only.

Regards,

Message 629 of 815

For your OsnapZ. I wrote this LISP to toggle OsnapZ On/Off. I bind this to the F12 for easy on/off.

It's simple but effective.

Message 630 of 815

Haha, i also have made this function on the F12 button, but i had too less time today to post that command 👌

Message 631 of 815
acbsdesign
in reply to: acbsdesign

@Julio_Soto 

Thank you for sharing, I will be using the lisp.

Have a great night.

Regards,

Message 632 of 815

i Have this macro on my F12 Button for OSNAPZ, works also during active commands:

'_setvar;osnapz;$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,osnapz),0),1,$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,osnapz),1),0,$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,osnapz),2),3,2)))
Message 633 of 815

for the OsnapZ there's a command in the AS toolbar, which is using the the UCSFILTERZ:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1654064624300.png

command for it: _AstM4UCSZFilter

Maybe easier for some people to create this instead of lisp (both are working the same).
A smal benefit of this command is: you see the projected OSnap:

Sebastian_Eiche_1-1654064984277.png

Negativ point: could not be activated in a running command

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 634 of 815

why in the world would the description of the command say "Turn 2D snaps on/off" and the command is called "_AstM4UCSZFilter".  I literally just thought that was simply the F3 button haha.  AS is full of weird stuff like this. 

Julio_Soto_0-1654092316473.png

So it does the same as AutoCAD's OSNAPZ command, but slightly different. 

And like you said, with OSNAPZ, you can run that transparently while in a command. The AS command will exit whatever command you're in when you activate it.  This makes this more useful imo.

Message 635 of 815

I think the problem of these naming of commands is: Advance Steel was running in the past not only on AutoCAD. 
While it was also running on Advance CAD there must be a solution for having a command for both CAD systems.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 636 of 815
Julio_Soto

So I'm taking some of the ideas already posted and expanding upon them. I'm making them into a lisp so they easily accessible from the keyboard for peeps like me.  Obviously, these can be added to your toolpalettes and toolbars. 

Here is the original idea from Sebastian for turning screws on/off. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/advance-steel-custom-commands-share-your-ideas/m-...

So instead of two seperate macros I put them in 1 lisp that will toggle them on/off in a single command. This can free up space on what I'm sure are cluttered toolpalettes.  See attached Lisp

This doesn't work for "Connectors" because I guess they don't have an "Exact" presentation.  Not sure why they wouldn't work like all other fasteners types.

I also included one for Toggling On/Off all "boxes", that is "ASTXDIALOG,ASTXSTRUCTURAL,ASTXMODELVIEW,ASTUSERDIALOG"

Also, the names are purposely not short. I don't ever make LISP with 2 or 3 letter commands. I don't want to inadvertently hijack some user's Alias shortcuts. 

I can add more later.

Message 637 of 815
acbsdesign

@Julio_Soto 

This may be a step further for some users.

Thank you for sharing.

BTW-can you write a lisp where the custom command a few posts above about the output of the external list to be able to use one only extract (not generating new extract for ea list) and to automatically plot the lists.

So the sequence would be:

1. Choose or create a model extract.

2. Update and use existing rdf files or Generate and plot created lists.

Regards,

Message 638 of 815
Julio_Soto

which post are you referring to?

Message 639 of 815

The problem will be: by creating the list, the BOM viewer will be opened. The rdf file is only created if you press "save". But the lisp could not handle the BOM viewer, because this is external software 

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 640 of 815
acbsdesign
in reply to: Julio_Soto

@Julio_Soto 

This is another way, having Isolate and Hide elements in one place.

It is handy.

acbsdesign_0-1654106458794.png

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report