Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple sunlight problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
428 Views, 3 Replies

multiple sunlight problem

Hi,

I have been experiencing a very major problem with 3d studio max 2016.

i used mental ray as a primary rendering engine and the problem i have is if i put 2 daylight system in the scene even i turn off the MR sun and the MR Sky my rendering is always white.

i have to create another file with a different daylight every time there is a new view in my scene.

i work in a marsterplanning company and my file is pretty huge and just to have different file for different light condition is just crazy.

is there someone can shade some light into my problem ?

Cheers

Teddy 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Why do you need more than one daylight system in a scene?

OK, you may be rendering the model at different times of the day. You could use scene states to set different times for the system. To do that save "Light Properites" to the state.

If you are only rendering stills, then you could get away with animating the system, then just moving the timeline to the time you want to render.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Samab,

I have done all those options above the reason i use multiple lighting is the project will go on for years(litterally i have jobs that comes back after 3-4 years) and staff will change some are not very proficient in max. (Eg. Not knowing how to use scene state, hardly know animation to move the animation slider). With multiple lighting i can rename the lighting for the camera in use and thats is the simple way for people to use the file quickly.

Cheers
Message 4 of 4
BenBisares

I must admit that having multiple daylight systems isn't an expected workflow as some components like the MR Physical Sky base their effects on the Daylight system. Not actually sure what multiple daylight systems will do.

In any case as long as you disable both the Sun and Sky it should effectively remove them from the lighting solution. I just did a test and things behaved as expected.

What type of camera (Physical or normal) and exposure control are you using? Would it be possible for you to post a sample archive? (Application Menu > Save As > Archive)

Ben Bisares

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report