Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't use color correction on V-Ray in a Bitmap without loosing rotation and scale parameters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
6garcg84
671 Views, 1 Reply

I can't use color correction on V-Ray in a Bitmap without loosing rotation and scale parameters

Hi,

Im new in V-Ray and I need help.

I attach 2 screenshots

Cheers!

color.PNG

NO COLOR.PNG

  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you are experiencing an issue with using color correction on V-Ray in a Bitmap in 3ds Max, where you are losing the rotation and scale parameters, there are a few things you can try.

First, make sure that the "Use Real-World Scale" option is enabled in the Bitmap settings. This will ensure that the texture maintains its scale when it is applied to the object.

If that doesn't work, try adjusting the Gamma Correction settings in the 3ds Max preferences. This can help to ensure that the color correction is applied correctly to the texture without affecting the rotation and scale parameters.

Another option is to use the V-Ray Color Correction map instead of the Bitmap color correction. This will allow you to adjust the color of the texture without affecting its rotation and scale parameters.

Overall, there are a few different solutions you can try to resolve this issue. By experimenting with different settings and techniques, you should be able to find a solution that works for your specific project in 3ds Max.

regards: https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/gaming-laptops/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report