Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Setup won't open

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
14903 Views, 8 Replies

Render Setup won't open

Hi. I've just installed 3ds MAX 2017 on my laptop (which runs Windows 10) and every time I click on the render setup button, or hit F10 on my keyboard, the render setup window doesn't appear. I've been waiting 5 minutes for the thing to load and it hasn't displayed the window. How do I fix it?

-Kyle

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

just out of curiosity, have you ever run an another monitor alongside your laptop, or something similar?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Yes. I have a dual monitor set up. Is that what’s the problem?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I have had a problem very similar to this when I switched over the inputs on my monitors. The render setup window stays where it is and the monitor moves (virtually). if that doesn't make sense, don't worry.

try running just one screen and see if it reappears. Let me know how you get on..

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I tried opening my project on just my laptop and no other monitor attached and it’s still not loading. The button is showing that it is clicked, but nothing is appearing. What do I do now?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I am experiencing the same issue and cannot find the render setup window, either. 

Message 7 of 9
BenBisares

I see this happening often with multiple monitor setups. For example if you place the Render Setup window in the 2nd monitor, quit Max, disable the 2nd monitor or reposition it, then open 3ds Max, the Render Setup window will still be positioned in the old space. You can reposition using the following steps:

• Open the Render Setup window. Although it's difficult to see you need to ensure that the focused window is the Render Setup window. So after you click on the button or hit the [F10] shortcut key do not click on any other window
  • Press [ALT] + [SPACEBAR] which will open a Windows menu, choose "Move"
  • Press any of the arrow keys on the keyboard
  • Without clicking on any mouse button, move the cursor. You should now see the Render Setup window stuck to the cursor
  • Position where you want and then left click to drop the window

You can take a look at the video I made here

http://autode.sk/2k2poEd

Ben Bisares
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

You just saved me from mental breakdown.

Message 9 of 9
in reply to: BenBisares

I registered here just to tell you thank you! Your answer really saved me! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report