Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset to Arnold default rendering settings?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
872 Views, 3 Replies

How to reset to Arnold default rendering settings?

After testing various Arnold rendering settings, I'd like to reset the renderer to its default settings, but can't find any obvious way to do this — I'm able to save settings files, but I can't find any default settings to open. Is there a quick way to do this, like in most other renderers — i.e. just load/reset to defaults?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

One way that is common but not sure if it applies to Arnold is to switch to 'Scanline' render and come back to Arnold. It works for VRay and is a common way to reset VRay to default. It might work for Arnold. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
CiroCardoso3v
in reply to: RobH2

That is what I do. Although, you also lose the Imagers and AOVs.

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
CiroCardoso3v
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually, there is another solution. You can create a preset and save it. You can have one for quick renders and final render.

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums